Pain in the stomach worry of the people due to many reasons, one of which Gastritis can.
Why is it painful in the stomach?
There are many diseases, the pains provoke in the stomach or in the vicinity. For the doctor it is important to determine the type and localization of pain. Here is a list of some diseases and the description of the character of the accompanying pain is:
- Pancreatitis, cholecystitis and duodenal ulcer can cause a sharp pain in the area of the stomach. The pain, characterize the patient, speaks as acute in the Perforation of the ulcer (the emergence of the holes in the hollow Organ due to a chronic disease process in its wall). This can happen if a stomach ulcer or duodenal ulcer;
- Gastritis and stomach ulcer is usually a burning sensation in the upper abdomen (part of the abdomen below the breast bone use). If the process ironiziruya, then the pain is dull, and pain is the end. In the case of Gastritis and ulcer of the connection with the meals is clear: pain may appear after a couple of hours after eating or on an empty stomach;
- the pain is "shooting", a short (few seconds), the inhalation or standing up quickly from the bed, characteristic of a spasm of the diaphragm. Spasm, circulatory disorders of the diaphragm provoked;
- Patients with malignant tumors of the stomach complain of a weak, but persistent pain. If the Tumor had metastasized in the pancreas, the pain is transformed in a circle;
- the poisoning is characterized by intense, severe, cramping pain in any part of the abdomen;
- Colitis (inflammation of the large intestine), accompanied by severe pain in the upper abdomen, which is usually a few days to subside, but not disappear completely.
These are the most common causes of pain in the abdomen. But an accurate diagnosis, only the doctor for certain diagnostic Tests can. In addition to the above-mentioned conditions, the pain occurs when the stratification of the abdominal Aorta, after the impact of injuries in the area of the stomach and of the intestine. There are cases, when the pain of a heart attack moves in the stomach area.
Some diseases require a rapid response and immediate surgery to save the life of the patient. For example, if they are not operated in time the perforating ulcer of the stomach or duodenum, develop complications (Peritonitis, Sepsis), which directly threaten the life of the patient.
Important! The pain in the abdomen, any place can be not a painkiller drink. The character of the pain, the doctor say, what to check; authority and the self-employed regression of pain can speak, that the disease process progresses and we urgently need to do something, even though the Patient subjectively feel that it is better for him. Such a condition can occur if the rupture of the appendicitis.
Symptoms of Gastritis
Let us look at Gastritis. What is a disease and what are the symptoms besides pain, can this diagnosis? Gastritis – inflammation of the inner surface of the stomach caused by a variety of reasons. The most important aggravating factors of Gastritis are:
- incorrect diet (high in fat and fried, one meal per day);
- the use of larger quantities of alcoholic beverages;
- chronic Stress;
- the consumption of drugs, impact on the stomach, such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (Aspirin, Ibuprofen);
- the effects of the bacterium Helicobacter pylori.
Normally, a basic mark, as the disease develops due to the combination of the above factors.
Symptoms of a Gastritis:
- Pain is the primary complaint of patients with Gastritis. Patients show that the localization of pain in the epigastric region (upper abdomen area). The most commonly occur pain, after a couple of hours after eating a meal. There is also Hunger pain (pain that appeared on an empty stomach or after a longer period of time after eating). Unpleasant sensations are amplified when the Patient is eating fried, spicy, acidic or hot;
- belching, bloating;
- Rumbling in the abdomen;
- heaviness in the stomach;
- nausea, vomiting;
- furry white bloom language;
- easier the body to increase in temperature (up to 37 degrees);
- Discomfort in the stomach, not the whole day.
As mentioned above, Gastritis, many factors can trigger. As one of the leading bacterial theory, where a crucial role in the development of the disease the bacterium plays Helicobacter pylori. However, the wrong diet (e.g., one or two meals per day), preference for a certain type of food (spicy or fried foods) irritate the gastric mucosa, resulting in the disease process.
The acute Gastritis is an acute disease characterized by the influence of the individual Stimuli (harmful micro-organisms, substandard food, chemicals) on the mucous membrane of the stomach. It is an inflammatory process. In this case, diet, drug treatment shows. At observance of all rules, and effective treatment of acute Gastritis remains for the patient in the past. Under the influence of some factors (poor diet, chronic Stress) periods of exacerbation permanently. This means that the process has passed into the chronic Form.
In General, the seasonality of exacerbations occurs. Patients hospitalized with acute exacerbation in the autumn and in the spring. It is associated with decreased immunity in these months, the ability to resist the bacteria down, and that an inflammation of the mucous membrane.
Often, chronic Gastritis acute Stress Situation. The people are not able to regulate appropriately to their emotional state, constantly faced with pain in the stomach.
The doctor diagnosed a chronic Gastritis Patient must carried out a series of investigations:
- Gastroscopy – examination of oesophagus and stomach using a special probe with camera;
- pH-metry monitoring of the acidity of the stomach, in the course of the days, and more. The method allows for the detection of inflammation and determine the character of the Gastritis (hyperacid or hypoacid);
- Investigation of gastric juice, of the climbs of the probe;
- respiratory test for the detection of the bacterium Helicobacter pylori;
- a biopsy of the mucous membrane of the stomach at the site of the pathological process for the selection of an accurate diagnosis;
- X-ray examination;
- Blood test for search of antibodies against pathogenic microogranism.
Acute Gastritis does not usually lead to complications. It is a characteristic feature of the chronic process. Of complications you should:
- Anemia (develops due to chronic bleeding due to damage to the lining of the stomach);
- acute peptic ulcer;
- benign or malignant tumors.
Cancer is a change in the usual course of chronic Gastritis - a change in the localization of the pain, and your character may indicate. To the doctor, you need to immediately if you skin additional symptoms: black feces, pale, frequent dizziness and headaches, fainting, heart palpitations, shortness of breath. This is a note on the complications of Gastritis can.
How to treat Gastritis?
The main of hyperacidity Gastritis (inflammation of the lining support skin against the background of increased pH in the stomach) is the reduction of the acid content of the stomach. To achieve the desired effect in addition to medicinal products:
- Antacids are medicines that the acidity of the stomach, as well as absorbent enzymes responsible for the digestion of food and the production of hydrochloric acid (e.g., Pepsin). Antacids in the Form of tablets, powders, gels and suspensions.
- Alginates drugs by acid in the reaction with the salt, forming a specific Gel, covered an area of the stomach.
In order to reduce the pain used antispasmodics and analgesics. In no case can not be used if the Gastritis non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), since they have antiulcerogenic effect (provoke the development of ulcers).
In addition, the mucous membrane of the stomach gastro-protectia protect. Such as alginates form of this medication on the inner surface of the stomach is a thin foil, which prevents the hydrochloric acid is allowed to act, and cause damage to the mucous membranes even more. Gastro protectia often prescribed along with antisecretory drugs, since they are in the best position to influence the development of the bacteria in the cavity of the stomach. Antisecretory drugs such as proton pump inhibitors that reduce the secretion of hydrochloric acid.
One of the reasons for Gastritis - Helicobacter pylori bacterium, therefore, in appointing the treatment of anti-bacterial products. But antibiotics have many side effects, you must with caution in children and the elderly, pregnant women and mothers during lactation. At the same time with the intake of prescribed antibiotics probiotics normalize the work of the intestine. Anti-bacterial agents always goiter call.
Criteria (p. u. are medicines, the acceleration of the blood motoriku, namely, normalize the process of promotion of food through the stomach and its excretion in the duodenum. The main difference from other drugs: criteria (p. u. apply at the lowered acidity of a stomach, but not at elevated. Also these drugs reduce nausea.
Each drug has contraindications, side effects and peculiarities of usage for different age groups. Therefore, drug treatment is only a specialist can prescribe. In the case of Gastritis, usually a combination of several drugs to prescribe, in order to remove the unpleasant symptoms and impact on several elements of the process of the formation and secretion of hydrochloric acid.
Diet for Gastritis
In addition to the intake of specific medications, people with Gastritis, a Regime of diet must. In the case of Gastritis with low acidity, it is necessary foods that provoke secretion of hydrochloric acid, which lowers the pH-value. This in a time of rising contact:
- Meat-and-fish-broth of low-fat varieties of meat and fish;
- liquid porridges, soups without solid and coarse particles of food;
- vegetable puree;
- of cooked lean meat, steamed cutlets, grilled meat and poultry;
- boiled eggs, scrambled eggs;
Should of the milk, which can even more reduce the acidity.
In Gastritis with high acidity diet acid aims at the neutralization of the salt. Also, the food should be as gentle as possible, in order not to in addition, the mucous membrane of the stomach hurt. Therefore, the patients in times of relapse must to include in your diet:
- Milk soup;
- Broth on low-fat meat;
- low-fat milk (in tea);
- boiled or steamed Can;
- poached eggs;
- lean meat, poultry, fish (boiled or baked);
- white bread crumbs.
For any type of Gastritis is forbidden to eat:
- fatty meat and fish, and, accordingly, the broth of fat meat or fish;
- Butter Cookie Dough;
- fresh white and black bread;
- hard-boiled eggs;
- smoked products;
- Canned Food, Pickles;
- spicy dishes;
- warm food;
- fresh and fruit with thick and rough skin;
- alcoholic beverages;
- fast Food;
- all carbonated beverages;
- Spices, Sauces.
Each of the above products cause even greater Irritation of the stomach and interfere with the positive dynamics of the therapy. Each cooked a dish should easily be able to be included. It is desirable, food crushing, in order to help as much as possible to digest your stomach.
A strict diet for chronic Gastritis was observed until the symptoms disappear. It can take up to two months. More menus, significantly expanded, but the basic rules to be observed in order to prevent an exacerbation. Regardless of the stage of the disease, a nutritious diet with vitamins, trace elements, balanced proteins, fats and carbohydrates must.
Coffee with Gastritis
Can I have coffee with Gastritis? In General, doctors recommend favorite beverage dispense completely. This is due to the ability of caffeine, chlorogenic acids and other substances in the coffee can irritate the stomach and increase the acidity. Regular consumption of coffee in case of Gastritis, especially on an empty stomach, lead to an exacerbation of the pathological process and the formation of ulcers.
However, there are a few recommendations that can help to drink the drink, even when stressed mucous membrane of the stomach:
- no coffee on an empty stomach. Only after the meal, later at least half an hour, better an hour. Substances in the coffee induce the secretion of hydrochloric acid. If you like the food, comes along with coffee in the stomach then the acid only act on the wall of the body begins;
- Coffee should not be hot or cold. Warm drink goes as gently as possible through the stomach;
- instead of Instant coffee, the best drink is natural grain. In the soluble beverage tannins, which hurt even more the stomach wall;
- the coffee should be strong;
- in the course of the day, the number of drunk coffee more than two should not cups.
Coffee is allowed for use in the case of hypoacid (reduced acid) Gastritis. However, drinking it is worth it however, in small quantities. Also in the case of Gastritis with low acidity recommended chicory drink, as this plant homeopath acid and the production of salt. But it should be understood that the chicory is strictly contraindicated in people with hyperacidity Gastritis.
In giperacidnom (acidification) Gastritis in the coffee, the milk is recommended to add. It cools a beverage, its effect on the mucous membranes soft. Replace coffee, cocoa can with a number of beneficial properties for the body (muscle building, and improvement of mood due to the presence in the composition of endorphins) are liable.
In the event of aggravation of the disease by the coffee completely abandoned. This will help as quickly as possible, the stomach mucosa, not Stretching, this process on for many months.
A legitimate diet allowed to experience, without the consequences of acute Gastritis. In the case of the synchronization of the process because of the diet, the risk of exacerbations is reduced even in the autumn and in the spring. Diet in this disease is an important part of the therapy, without achieving the good results is almost impossible. The adherence to the diet is essential to improve the quality of life of the patient.