There are probably not many people who don't like the juicy sweet berry - watermelon. More than 90 percent of it consists of juice, the benefits of which are indicated for urolithiasis, since the juice contains practically no acids, salts, but a large amount of alkali. There is also quite a large amount of magnesium in the composition of watermelon. Eating a piece of watermelon is enough to get the daily rates of phosphorus, iron, potassium and calcium.
It contains easily digestible sugars, trace elements, vitamins B, C, PP. This berry helps with diseases of the cardiovascular system, high blood pressure, high cholesterol. If you've been taking antibiotics for a long time, the juicy pulp will help remove drug residue from your body.
But the most important thing we want to talk about is that watermelon is an excellent helper in losing weight, since there are only 30-40 kcal per one hundred grams of pulp, but at the same time there is a feeling of satiety and the presence of folic acid denotesFat metabolism improves the work of the circulatory and immune systems.
Success in losing weight is achieved through the diuretic properties of this berry, while actively removing toxins, toxins and other harmful substances accumulated by the body. The diuretic properties of watermelon are milder compared to medication. A very important element in the composition of watermelon pulp is the carotenoid lycopene, which has anti-tumor properties, slows aging, thins and purifies blood.
Testing a watermelon for nitrates. Contraindications
Of course, a watermelon diet can only be granted at the end of summer, when the watermelons are ripe, with no additional growth accelerators and chemicals applied to them. Nowadays watermelon can be bought in the store at any time of the year, but we do not recommend it. In general, it is best to go for fruits that are grown in your garden (if you live in the southern regions of the country). They may not be that cute and colorful, but you are completely sure of their quality.
You can check the amount of nitrates in a watermelon by doing the following: Put a piece of pulp in a glass of water. If it contains nitrates, the pulp in the jar will soften and become mushy. Without nitrates, the piece practically retains its shape. If you eat watermelon during the ripening period, you will get both benefits and pleasure, since the juice of this fruit perfectly quenches your thirst and purifies your body not only by urinating but also by sweating, cleaning your skin and pores, replenishing the body with microelements.
The watermelon diet is easily tolerated. During the diet, you need to eat only this berry, but at the same time in large quantities and at any time it is possible at night (only you need to take into account that you need to go to the bathroom often) and you will not feel hungry. At the same time, you do not have to painfully calculate the calories consumed. It is enough to know that one kilogram of pulp corresponds to ten kilograms of your body weight.
It is advisable to divide the consumption of watermelons into 5-6 doses every three hours. This technique is ideal for the benefit of the body. If you follow the watermelon diet, you will get results pretty quickly. If you're still struggling to limit your diet to watermelon, consider adding a small amount of rye and bran bread to your diet. In this case, however, it is necessary to lengthen the diet.
Contraindications for the watermelon diet affect people with impaired kidney function and urogenital system (pyelonephritis, kidney stones) and diabetes mellitus.
Watermelon Diet - Menus and Results
Using the watermelon diet, you can get rid of 3-5 kg in a week and you can lose up to 7-8 kg in 14 days. But you need to prepare for such a long and complex diet, enter it gradually, and only when you are sure of your health!
The 14-day diet allows you to include a small amount of different foods in the diet. However, care should be taken that they are not very high in calories.
For breakfast, you can add a boiled chicken egg or 100 grams of low-fat cottage cheese or a small amount of porridge in water. Have a slice of lean beef or veal or a slice of chicken or fish for lunch. All of this should be boiled or steamed vegetables. The dinner should only consist of watermelon pulp.
Watermelon diets can be combined with other foods. We offer different diet options with different menus:
- Breakfast - toast, low-fat cottage cheese 60-80 g, 200 g melon;
- lunch - up to 150 grams of boiled fish, lettuce and melon, 150 grams of cheese;
- afternoon tea - 400-500 grams of watermelon pulp;
- dinner - a serving of boiled rice (150-200 grams), carrots + apples 100 grams, a piece of melon.
- breakfast - a boiled egg, 150-200 grams of watermelon pulp;
- lunch - steamed vegetable stew 100-150 grams, 350-400 grams of melon;
- afternoon snack - low-fat cottage cheese 150-200 grams;
- dinner - 100-150 grams of boiled chicken or turkey, toast and 400-500 grams of watermelon pulp.
- Breakfast - natural yogurt 150 grams, 400-500 grams watermelon watermelon diet watermelon diet;
- lunch - steamed turkey or chicken fillet 100-150 grams, rice 150 grams, melon 400-450 grams;
- afternoon snack - a piece of bran bread or crispbread;
- Dinner - vegetable salad 150-200 grams, a boiled potato, 400-500 grams of watermelon watermelon diet watermelon diet.
- Breakfast - rye bread toast + cheese, 200-300 grams of watermelon or porridge with melon;
- lunch - boiled chicken breast with buckwheat porridge and fresh vegetable salad or vegetable soup without potatoes and 100-150 g boiled (or steamed) lean meat or steamed turkey schnitzel 100 g, 150 g rice and green beans;
- afternoon snack 300-400 grams of watermelon;
- dinner - 100-120 grams of low-fat cottage cheese and 200-300 grams of melon.
If you are on a melon diet, do not drink immediately after meals. You can have green tea or a glass of water in an hour. The menu needs to be changed.
Watermelon kefir, protein and bread diets
- The watermelon kefir diet contains two products, kefir with 0 or 1 percent fat and watermelon. It is necessary to eat a glass of kefir or 300-400 grams of watermelon pulp every three hours. It is better to start the day with the pulp of a watermelon and finish with kefir.
- The watermelon protein diet implies eating watermelon between meals - 400-500 grams for 10-14 days. The main foods these days should be: boiled chicken or turkey fillet, steamed fish of non-fat varieties, eggs, low-fat cottage cheese and cheese, as well as low-fat kefir, seafood, vegetables.
- A watermelon and black bread diet implies consuming 0. 5 loaves of black bread (better stale) and watermelon pulp per day, as mentioned above - at the rate of one kilogram of pulp per 10 kilograms of body weight. If you want and if you can, reduce bread consumption to 100 grams or replace it with two tablespoons. Tablespoons of oat bran and you can add a salad of thinly sliced white cabbage, carrots and beets, a few drops of lemon juice and olive oil.
If at the end of the diet you get off the diet correctly (the main rule is gradually), there is no way that the lost kilograms will return to you as soon as you lost them. To do this, observe the following rules within two weeks of the watermelon diet: 1) Don't skip breakfast, 2) Your diet should include foods high in protein and carbohydrates. 3) It is important not to slow down your metabolism.
The main foods after a two-week diet should be:
- boiled or steamed lean fish;
- boiled lean meat (chicken, turkey);
- fermented milk products (low-fat cottage cheese and kefir, natural yogurt);
And 2-3 hours before going to bed, continue to eat one kilogram of watermelon per 30 kilograms of body weight.
Fasting days on watermelons can be arranged 2-3 times a week, eat two kilograms of watermelon pulp. It is very important: Give yourself the best possible physical activity, at least at home, without a trainer and gym or in the form of walking.